If you are a K-Beauty fan, I’m sure you’ve already known the existence of the Nacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum by now and how it is LOVED by so many people. Plus I’m pretty sure you’ve seen the video/ad floating around social media where a bunch of girls looking all surprised from tingling/stinging sensation (which was scary, imo) and how it cleared their damaged skin.
Althea Korea was kind enough to pick me as one of the lucky tester for this serum (thanks, Althea!). Though this was sent to me, all my opinions, feedback and review on my experience with this beauty product are unbiased and real. Now, let’s get started!
Period of testing – 1 month | Skin Type: Oily | Other Skin Concerns: PIH, Fungal Acne
If you’ve seen Jun Ji-Hyun skin and you know that she uses this serum, it’s understandable if you rush out of your house to buy this serum. Lol. Jokes aside but this serum became VERY popular after she announces this as one of the staple product in her skincare routine. So what does this serum claims to do, exactly?
- Moisturizes your skin
- Tones and even out the texture of your skin
- Minimizes pores
- Packed with antioxidants and anti-aging properties
- Heals and repairs damaged skin (hence, the tingling sensation as advertised)
Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, I do not disagree with some of their claims. Continue reading!
I honestly, really love the sleek packaging. It comes in a frosted glass bottle (but not 100% glass, so it won’t break easily… I think. I did not do drop test so please don’t quote me lol) with a dropper for a more hygienic & easier application. I have no issue with the dropper – it picks up the serum beautifully with just the right amount you need per use. Contains 50ml per bottle, which I think will last you at least 4 months (or more) of usage.
It is visibly divided into two layers – oil on the upper layer (approx. covering 20% of the bottle) and serum/water at the bottom layer (approx. covering 80% of the bottle). Shake well before every use to mix the oil & serum layer together. I honestly never thought it would be watery by judging from the outside but it IS very watery. I lol-ed at myself on my first day using this serum because I usually drop 1 drop on both of my cheeks + 1 on the forehead, then I’ll slowly rub and work the product in. But before I could rub it in and due to its watery consistency, it dripped all over my neck. So, one cheek at a time, Karen.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Aminobutyric Acid, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Adenosine
*taken from Althea’s page
If you have really sensitive skin, the citrus-y ingredients might not be suitable for you. My skin doesn’t react badly to citrus ingredients.
How I Use
I only apply this serum at night (I use the Phytho Niacin Essence in the morning) as I personally feel it’s a tad bit too oily to be used in the morning. I’m always rushing in the morning before heading to work (don’t take extra 10 minutes snooze away from me!), so anything that is too heavy/doesn’t absorb fast will be thrown to night routine, lol. One drop on my forehead + one drop on both of my cheeks is more than enough.
PM Skincare Routine Steps
Hydrating Toner > Nacific Origin Herb Serum > Moisturiser
What I liked
- I did not face any tingling sensation 🙂 I read that the tingling sensation will occur only if your skin barrier is badly damaged. Well, thank god.
- Love, love, love the fresh citrus smell! It smells super refreshing!
- I always wake up to very hydrated and glowy skin the next day. Not the disgusting oily shine, but a healthy and plumped skin kind-of shine.
- A little goes a long way as you don’t need much of this serum, so this bottle will last probably a good 6 months (depending on your usage)
- Did not face any major breakouts
- Did not trigger my fungal acne despite containing oil layer
- No tacky/sticky feeling, making it easier to layer on other products after applying this serum
- Quite affordable (RM71 on Althea)
What I Did Not Like
- It’s slightly heavier than my usual serum, hence it takes a lil’ longer to be fully absorbed into the skin.
- A lil’ bit too overhyped. It’s a good serum but the results are not as amazing as advertised.
I’ve been using this product for more than 1 month now (continued using after testing period), and I have to say I love this serum. I just don’t like how it is overhyped. It works well on my skin, layers and is friendly with other skincare product I layer on after and doesn’t sting.
Price: RM71 on Althea